Welcome to Thailand, Asia!
ROUTE: Bangkok, Pitsanuloke, Chiang Rai, Chiang Mai
DURATION: 9 Days
- Visit to historical sites/monuments
- Travel by motor launch on the picturesque Chao Phraya River and canals to see farmers in tiny flat-bottomed boats market their produce
- See the golden tiled domes of Phra Pathom Chedi
- Visit to Phra Buddha Badh shrine, Phra Prang Sam Yod and Narai Palace in Lopburi
- Drive through rural Thailand and further north through jungle clad hills with stop at the small town of Phayao
- See the lifestyle of the Ahka Hilltribe in Maejan district
- Visit famous hot spring at Mae Ka Chan, village of one of the major tribes, Meo and Wat Phra on Doi Suthep
- Enjoy a Kantoke dinner while dancers perform the charming finger dance, sword dance, candle dance and Thai
- Experience an elephant ride to the Mae Sa Valley
- Visit home industries factories and handicraft centres in Chiang Mai
|AIRFARE:||International Airfare Upon Request|
|ACCOMMODATIONS:||Hotels used (or similar)|
Accommodations Per Person Sharing, including hotel taxes
Arrival & departure transfers where applicable
Local guides where applicable
Meals per itinerary
Park entrance fees and sightseeing fees where applicable
Airfare and air taxes
Cancellation, baggage, travel and medical insurance
Items of a personal nature such as baggage porterage, gratuities/tips, laundry, telephone calls, bottled water, etc.
Visa and visa fees
Optional sightseeing and activities
Meals, beverages and services not mentioned in itinerary
For additional information or reservations please complete QUOTE REQUEST form in side bar of this page or contact us directly to speak to one of our Destination Experts.
We can personalize this tour just for you! Call: 1 800 263 2995 / 416 391 0334 or complete form in: CUSTOM-CRAFTED tab on this page.
Thank you for choosing Tourcan Vacations! Providing Vacations of a Lifetime.
Day 1 Arrive Bangkok
Upon arrival at airport in Bangkok, you will be warmly met by a representative, who will provide assistance and transfer to your accommodation to check-in.
Day 2 Bangkok
- Travel by motor launch on the picturesque Chao Phraya River and canals to see farmers in tiny flat-bottomed boats market their produce. Observe the family homes and temples along the water-ways which gives this city the name “Venice of the East”.
- Pass the Temple of Dawn whose 79 metre spire silhouette has become so identified with Bangkok.
- Later tour the Grand Palace. Within the compound, the Chapel of the Emerald Buddha, a 75 cm statue of jade that sits atop an 11 metre golden pedestal.
Optional: Loy Nava Dinner Cruise while in Bangkok. Thai, Seafood or vegetarian menu *Rate on request.
Overnight: Bangkok – (B)
Day 3 Bangkok
- Visit the floating market at Damnern Saduak about 100 km from Bangkok.
- Drive to Nakorn Pathom, the oldest city in Thailand, to see the golden tiled domes of Phra Pathom Chedi that towers almost 116 metres into the air and looks like an inverted bowl.
- Continue to the Rose Garden which comprises a large area of the resort that has been developed in a typical Thai village. Here, see villagers in their natural habitat, working to create traditional village handicraft.
Overnight: Bangkok – (B, L)
Day 4 Bangkok - Pitsanuloke
- By vehicle from Bangkok to Phitsanulok via Ayuthaya Depart Bangkok to Bang Pa In, a lavish royal Summer Palace set in beautiful gardens.
- Continue to the old capital of Ayuthaya with its many ancient ruins.
- On to Phra Buddha Badh to see the shrine with the holy footprint of Lord Buddha at Sara Buri.
- Continue overland visiting Phra Prang Sam Yod and Narai Palace in Lopburi.
- Arrive in Phitsanulok and check in at your hotel.
Overnight: Phitsanulok – (B, L, D)
Day 5 Pitsanuloke - Sukhothai - Chiang Rai
- By vehicle from Pitsanuloke to Chiang Rai via Sukhothai Depart for Sukhothai, ancient capital of Siam and was built by King Ramkhamhang the Great.
- Drive through rural Thailand and further north through jungle clad hills.
- Stop at the small town of Phayao which dates back to the 11th century.
Overnight: Chiang Rai – (B, L, D)
Day 6 Golden Triangle
- See the lifestyle of the Ahka Hilltribe in Maejan district; further to Chaingsaen to the Golden Triangle, the border lines of Thailand, Myanmar and Laos meet.
- Proceed to the northeast town of Mae Sai in the afternoon and then return to Chaing Rai.
Overnight: Chaing Rai – (B, L, D)
Day 7 Chiang Rai - Chiang Mai
- By vehicle from Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai Morning departure from Chiang Rai stopping at the famous hot spring at Mae Ka Chan.
- Continue south enjoying the tropical jungle scenery to Doi Suthep. Some 20 different tribes of semi-nomadic people live in the northern hills. Culturally, each is distinctively different having their own language and custom. Most originate in China moving through Burma and Laos into Thailand.
- This morning visit the village of one of the major tribes, Meo.
- The next visit is at the resplendent Wat Phra on Doi Suthep. Ride the chair lift or climb a 290 step staircase to be rewarded by the sight of the radiant gilded temple buildings and vistas of the city below.
- This evening you will enjoy a “kantoke” dinner which is a traditional where series of dishes are served in small bowls (Kan). Diners are seated on cushions at low table (toke) and feast on superb northern Thai cuisine while dancers perform the charming finger dance, sword dance, candle dance and Thai.
Overnight: Chiang Mai – (B, L, D)
Day 8 Chiang Mai
- Elephant at work: Early morning departure to see the elephants at work. Experience an elephant ride to the Mae Sa Valley.
- Home industries: This afternoon visit home industries factories and handicraft centres. This evening dinner is at the hotel.
Overnight: Chiang Mai – (B, L, D)
Day 9 Departure Transfer
Departure: Transfer and flight to Bangkok. *Additional arrangements in Bangkok on day 9 on request. Extensions to other destinations available. – (B)
Meals as per itinerary: (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)