Welcome to Tanzania, Africa!
ROUTE: Arusha, Zanzibar
DURATION: 4 Days
- Spice Island tour
- A visit to a spice farm village gives you an insight into local life and the oppportunity to try some Swahili dishes, taste the fruits in season and try some spiced tea
|AIRFARE:||International Airfare Upon Request|
|ACCOMMODATIONS:||Hotels used (or similar)|
Accommodations Per Person Sharing, including hotel taxes
Arrival & departure transfers where applicable
Local guides where applicable
Meals per itinerary
Park entrance fees and sightseeing fees where applicable
Airfare and air taxes
Cancellation, baggage, travel and medical insurance
Items of a personal nature such as baggage porterage, gratuities/tips, laundry, telephone calls, bottled water, etc.
Visa and visa fees
Optional sightseeing and activities
Meals, beverages and services not mentioned in itinerary
For additional information or reservations please complete QUOTE REQUEST form in side bar of this page or contact us directly to speak to one of our Destination Experts.
We can personalize this tour just for you! Call: 1 800 263 2995 / 416 391 0334 or complete form in: CUSTOM-CRAFTED tab on this page.
Thank you for choosing Tourcan Vacations! Providing Vacations of a Lifetime.
Day 1 Arusha - Zanzibar
Upon arrival at airport in Tanzania, you will be warmly met by a representative, who will provide assistance and transfer to your accommodation to check-in.
Overnight: Zanzibar – (D)
Day 2 Zanzibar
- After breakfast at the hotel, depart on a morning Spice tour.
- Description of the Spice Island tour: In days past, Zanzibar was known as a spice island, exporting cloves, vanilla, nutmeg and cardamom across the world. The spices were brought over from Asia and South America and flourished in the tropical climes. Nowadays the plantations are a tribute to the island’s past, swapping spices for tourism, combining both in a spice tour, one of the most popular excursions on the island. Walk through the spice farm with your guide. Touch, smell and taste different spices and tropical fruits. Try to guess which is which, from the crushed leaves, the fruit, shoots and vines and creepers crawling up the trees. Learn about their properties, their origins and their use as medicines and in food and drink. A visit to a spice farm village gives you an insight into local life and the oppportunity to try some Swahili dishes, taste the fruits in season and try some spiced tea.
- An optional lunch is available at Hakuna Matata Beach Lodge, a special menu, prepared with the best of the seasonal fruit and spices introduced to you during the tour. Depending on the season you are visiting, you can find anything from vanilla, cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, turmeric, lemon grass, cloves, ylang ylang, cumin, garlic, ginger, coriander, pepper, allspice, tamarind, chilli, oregano and more! Fruits can include banana, pineapple, jack fruit, custard fruit, oranges, star fruit, tangerine, passion fruit, mango, avocado, pear, papaya, grape fruit and many others.
- Advisable: Comfortable closed walking or hiking shoes and pants. Sun hat and sun cream.
Overnight: Zanzibar – (B, D)
Day 3 Zanzibar
- At leisure.
Overnight: Zanzibar – (B, D)
Day 4 Depart Zanzibar
Departure: Transfer to the airport.
Meals as per itinerary: (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)