Welcome to India, Asia!
ROUTE: Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, Udaipur, Mumbai, Mysore, Chikmagalur, Bangalore, Cochin, Alleppey, Kumarakom, Delhi
DURATION: 17 Days
- Visit to historical sites/monuments
- Tour of Old and New Delhi visiting Jamma Mosque, Qutab Minar, The Humayun’s Tomb, Raj ghat, the bazaars and shops
- Visit Agra city including Taj Mahal
- En-route visit Fatehpur Sikri
- Jaipur visits to Amber Fort (elephant/jeep ride), Hawa Mahal or Palace of the Winds and guided tour of the City Palace & Observatory
- Afternoon tour of the Lake City Udaipur
- Evening boat ride at Lake Pichola
- Visit Elephanta Caves
- Mumbai City tour with first stop landmark the Gateway to India
- En-route visit Srirangapatnam
- Mysore City visit: Maharaja’s Palace, Chamundi Temple, the Art Gallery, fruits and flower markets
- En-route visit Shravanbelagola
- Visit Bangalore City: The tour includes the Lal Bagh, Gole Temple, the Government buildings, Museum and the Ulsoor Lake
- Tour of Cochin CityEvening Kathakali Dance
- Overnight Houseboat including cruise through remote tribal villages along the tranquil backwaters of Kerala
|AIRFARE:||International Airfare Upon Request|
|ACCOMMODATIONS:||Hotels used (or similar)|
Accommodations Per Person Sharing, including hotel taxes
Arrival & departure transfers where applicable
Local guides where applicable
Meals per itinerary
Park entrance fees and sightseeing fees where applicable
Airfare and air taxes
Cancellation, baggage, travel and medical insurance
Items of a personal nature such as baggage porterage, gratuities/tips, laundry, telephone calls, bottled water, etc.
Visa and visa fees
Optional sightseeing and activities
Meals, beverages and services not mentioned in itinerary
For additional information or reservations please complete QUOTE REQUEST form in side bar of this page or contact us directly to speak to one of our Destination Experts.
We can personalize this tour just for you! Call: 1 800 263 2995 / 416 391 0334 or complete form in: CUSTOM-CRAFTED tab on this page.
Thank you for choosing Tourcan Vacations! Providing Vacations of a Lifetime.
Day 1 Arrive Delhi
Upon arrival at airport in India, you will be warmly met by a representative, who will provide assistance and transfer to your accommodation to check-in.
Day 2 Delhi
- Your tour of Delhi presents the highlights of Old and New Delhi: Jamma Mosque, the largest in India, The Qutab Minar, The Humayun’s Tomb, Raj ghat, the bazaars and shops in all their colours introduce you to the Indian magic.
Overnight: Delhi – (B)
Day 3 Delhi - Agra
- After breakfast we drive to Agra. Upon arrival, check into your hotel.
- Afternoon visit city including Taj Mahal Agra City which is the medieval city of the famous 17th century masterpiece Taj Mahal, which of course is the most splendid of all buildings, perhaps the most perfect architectural monument in the world.
Overnight: Agra – (B)
Day 4 Agra - Jaipur
- After breakfast drive to Jaipur en-route visit Fatehpur Sikri: (ghost capital) for a tour of these magnificent and world heritage buildings, which are still in a state of perfect reservation. From here we continue drive to Jaipur.
Overnight: Jaipur – (B)
Day 5 Jaipur
- After breakfast you will visit Amber Fort, the former capital of the royal Jaipurs. We will ride up to this hilltop palace on a caparisoned, painted elephant, passing through the ancient main gate where Maharajas of Jaipur have entered for four hundred years.
- We shall also visit the Hawa Mahal or Palace of the Winds.
- Afternoon, we proceed for a guided tour of the City Palace & Observatory. The City Palace in the heart of the old city is a blend of Rajasthani and Mughal architecture.
Overnight: Jaipur – (B)
Day 6 Jaipur - Udaipur
- After an early breakfast we take a flight to Uadipur. Check in to your hotel.
- Afternoon tour of the ”Lake City”.
- Evening boat ride at ”Lake Pichola”(subject to water level). Lake Pichola: Fringed with hills, gardens, havelis, ghats and temples, Lake Pichola is the scenic focus of Udaipur. Set in it are Jag Niwas and Jag Mandir Palaces.
Overnight: Udaipur – (B)
Day 7 Udaipur - Mumbai
- After breakfast, morning at leisure.
- Later transfer to airport to your flight to Mumbai. Upon arrival in Mumbai you will be met and transferred to the hotel.
Overnight: Mumbai – (B)
Day 8 Mumbai
- This morning we visit Elephanta Caves, a must for any visitor to India.
- Afternoon we visit Mumbai City: Our first stop is at Bombay’s landmark the Gateway to India, an elegant 26 mtrs stone archway, hastily erected as a symbol of welcome to Queen Mary and King George V of England on their visit to India in 1911.
- We continue to the hanging gardens perched above Malabar Hill.
- Continue to Mani Bhavan, Mahatma Gandhi’s home and Museum. This charming, 3 storied Gujarati house, painted brown and yellow, in a lovely Parsi neighbourhood on Malabar Hill, was the home of Mahatma Gandhi from 1917-1934. You can visit Gandhi’s room, where his simple belongings are displayed including his personal Bible, Quoran and Gita.
Overnight: Mumbai – (B)
Day 9 Mumbai - Bangalore - Mysore
- After an early breakfast transfer to the airport for your flight to Bangalore.
- Upon arrival drive to Mysore en-route visit Srirangapatnam – the ruins of Hyder Ali and Tipu Sultan’s capital from which they ruled much of Southern India during the 18th century.
- After visit drive to Mysore.
Overnight: Mysore – (B)
Day 10 Mysore
- After breakfast visit Mysore City, The old capital town has the magnificient Maharaja’s Palace, Chamundi Temple, and the Art Gallery with a fine collection of paintings and musical instruments.
- Finally you also visit the fruits and flower markets.
- Afternoon free.
Overnight: Mysore – (B)
Day 11 Mysore - Chikmangalur
- After breakfast we drive to Chikmangalur en-route visit . Shravanbelagola – ”White Lake of Jain Hermit” is the leading Jain pilgrimage centre of the Deccan. Particularly interesting are angled bracket figures depicting female figures dancing or in ritual poses. Halebid: Construction of the Hoyasleswara Temple at Halebid began around 1121. The temple is set in a well-tended garden, and there a small museum adjacent to it housing a collection of sculptures.
- After the visits continue your drive to Chikamanglur.
Overnight: Chikamanglur – (B)
Day 12 Chikmangalur - Bangalore
- After breakfast drive to Bangalore. Upon arrival check into your hotel.
- Afternoon visit Bangalore City: The tour includes the Lal Bagh, Gole Temple, the Government buildings, Vishweshwara Industrial and Technological Museum and the Ulsoor Lake.
Overnight: Bangalore – (B)
Day 13 Bangalore - Cochin
- Transfer to Bangalore airport for your flight to Cochin.Upon arrival you will be met and transferred to your hotel.
- Afternoon tour of Cochin City: With its wealth of historical associations, and its magnificent setting on a cluster of islands and narrow peninsulas, Cochin is one of the most fascinating cities of coastal South India. It is a city with indelible marks of Christianity, Islam, Hinduism and Jewish traditions. Of Special mention is the older parts of the Fort Cochin area. It more or less exists as it used to be a 1000-year behind our times. This part of the city reflects an unusual blend of medieval Portugal, Dutch and English country life grafted on to the tropical Malabar Coast. The 16th century Mattancherry Palace, also known as the Dutch Palace is a fascinating fort with elegant buildings and interesting collections from the Royal traditions of the region. The unique feature of Cochin is the unexpected and isolated Jewish community, whose origins date back to AD 52. They are self-contained and have there own Synagogue.The area around the Synagogue, known as ‘Jew Town’ is one of the main centres of spice trade. Scores of small firms huddle together in old dilapidated buildings and the air is filled with the aroma of ginger, cardamom, cumin, turmeric and cloves. The area is very busy.
- Evening Kathakali Dance: A special treat awaits us this evening as we proceed to witness the strength and vigor of Kathakali dance drama, as it enacts episodes from great Indian epics. The extremely stylized gestures, the elaborate make-up, the masks and the splendid costumes of these all-male dancers, recreates an incomparable sense of pageantry.
Overnight: Cochin – (B)
Day 14 Cochin - Houseboat
- After breakfast we will drive to Allepey, where we board the Houseboat for a unique experience through the narrow canals and channels of the backwaters of Kerala. The materials that go into the making of houseboat are all local and Ecofriendly; bamboo poles, coconut fiber ropes, bamboo mats carpets etc. The main wood used is ”Anjali ”.
- The Houseboat provides all comforts – Beds, a kitchen, western toilets and an upper deck. Traditional lanterns are used as lights.
- The cuisine is of traditional Kerala flavour along with the local Specialties – delicious fish and prawns.
- Cruising on a boat through remote tribal villages along the tranquil backwaters of Kerala is a superb experience. We explore the backwaters in your Houseboat. Sensational in its own silent way, the cruise takes you along snake boat docks, friendly cheering villagers, coir (Jute) making communities, toddy (local spirit) shops, fishing nets pitched for the day’s catch, bunded paddy fields and manual canoes of different sizes criss-crossing each other.
- The experience enables you to reach beautiful untouched areas.
Overnight: Houseboat – (B, L, D)
Day 15 House Boat - Kumarakom
- After breakfast Disembark from the houseboat at Kumarakom. Upon arrival, check in to your hotel.
- To experience Kerala’s famous backwaters that comprise of vast lakes and a system of narrow canals and waterways linking them to one another. Not so long ago, these waterways served as the backbone of Kerala’s transportation. Kumarakom is the ideal place to experience the fascinating lifestyles of the backwaters.
Overnight: Kumarakom – (B)
Day 16 Kumarakom - Cochin - Delhi
- After an early breakfast we drive to Cochin airport for flight to Delhi. Upon arrival you will be met and transferred to your hotel.
Overnight: Delhi – (B)
Day 17 Depart Delhi
- Day free.
- Check-out 1200 Noon.
Departure: Late evening transfer to airport for your flight back home.
Meals as per itinerary: (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)