Welcome to South Africa, Africa!
ROUTE: Cape Town, Pretoria
DURATION: 2 Days
- Overnight The Blue Train – luxury train
- 45 minute off-the-train excursion at Matjiesfontein
|AIRFARE:||International Airfare Upon Request|
|ACCOMMODATIONS:||Hotels used (or similar)|
Accommodations Per Person Sharing, including hotel taxes
Arrival & departure transfers where applicable
Local guides where applicable
Meals per itinerary
Park entrance fees and sightseeing fees where applicable
Airfare and air taxes
Cancellation, baggage, travel and medical insurance
Items of a personal nature such as baggage porterage, gratuities/tips, laundry, telephone calls, bottled water, etc.
Visa and visa fees
Optional sightseeing and activities
Meals, beverages and services not mentioned in itinerary
For additional information or reservations please complete QUOTE REQUEST form in side bar of this page or contact us directly to speak to one of our Destination Experts.
We can personalize this tour just for you! Call: 1 800 263 2995 / 416 391 0334 or complete form in: CUSTOM-CRAFTED tab on this page.
Thank you for choosing Tourcan Vacations! Providing Vacations of a Lifetime.
Day 1 Depart Cape Town
Upon arrival you will be warmly met by a representative, who will provide assistance and transfer to your accommodation to check-in.
- 07:30 Register and check-in at The Blue Train Lounge, Cape Town Station.
Guests enjoy pre-departure snacks and drinks. Butlers usher guests to their suites. Suite orientation done by
- 08:30 The Blue Train departs from Cape Town Station
- 10:30 – 12:30 First sitting for Brunch
- 12:30 – 14:30 Second sitting for Brunch
- 14:35 – 15:15 The Blue Train arrives at Matjiesfontein for a 45 minute off-the-train excursion.
On arrival at Matjiesfontein guests are invited for a glass of sherry at the bar. The sherry glass engraved with
The Blue Train logo is a memento for guests to keep. The Victoria buildings and original nineteenth century
London lamp posts impart to the traveller, the uncanny sense of entering a colonial time warp – an oasis
suspended in a different age.
- 15:20 The Blue Train departs for its northbound journey to Pretoria.
- 15:30 High tea is served in the Lounge Car.
- 17:00 After an exciting interlude guests are free to refresh themselves and enjoy pre-dinner drinks at any one
of our lounges.
- 18:30 First sitting dinner
- 20:30 Second sitting dinner
Remember, dinner is an elegant affair and men are requested to wear a jacket and tie and ladies elegant
Overnight: Train – (Brunch, D)
Day 2 Arrive Pretoria
- 07:00 – 10:00 Breakfast is served on a first come first serve basis. Breakfast can also be served in-suite at the guests request.
- 12:50 The Blue Train arrives at Pretoria Station. Butlers usher guests to The Blue Train Lounge – (B)
Meals as per itinerary: (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)