Welcome to India, Asia!
ROUTE: Chennai, Mysore, Cochin, Alleppey, Kumarakom, Delhi
DURATION: 8 Days
- Visit to historical sites/monuments
- Attractions: Rathas (Chariots), Arjuna’s Penance, Krishna Mandapa, Shore Temple, Mahishasurmardini Cave, Varaha Mandapa and Mandapams
- Ride on India’s flagship t2007 Shatabdi Express train service brings you to tour Mysore
- Overnight Premium Houseboat with cruise of canals and channels of the backwaters of Kerala
- Disembark at the exotic Resort, Kumarakom
|AIRFARE:||International Airfare Upon Request|
|ACCOMMODATIONS:||Hotels used (or similar)|
Accommodations Per Person Sharing, including hotel taxes
Arrival & departure transfers where applicable
Local guides where applicable
Meals per itinerary
Park entrance fees and sightseeing fees where applicable
Airfare and air taxes
Cancellation, baggage, travel and medical insurance
Items of a personal nature such as baggage porterage, gratuities/tips, laundry, telephone calls, bottled water, etc.
Visa and visa fees
Optional sightseeing and activities
Meals, beverages and services not mentioned in itinerary
For additional information or reservations please complete QUOTE REQUEST form in side bar of this page or contact us directly to speak to one of our Destination Experts.
We can personalize this tour just for you! Call: 1 800 263 2995 / 416 391 0334 or complete form in: CUSTOM-CRAFTED tab on this page.
Thank you for choosing Tourcan Vacations! Providing Vacations of a Lifetime.
Day 1 Arrive Chennai
Depart on an evening 9W flight to Chennai. Upon arrival, you will be warmly met by a representative, who will provide assistance and transfer to your accommodation to check-in.
Day 2 Chennai - Mahabalipuram - Chennai
- 64 kms from Chennai, Mahabalipuram is a beautiful coastal town and the birthplace of art and architecture in South India.
- Attractions: Rathas (Chariots), Arjuna’s Penance, Krishna Mandapa, Shore Temple, Mahishasurmardini Cave, Varaha Mandapa and Mandapams.
Overnight: Chennai – (B)
Day 3 Chennai - Mysore
- A ride on India’s flagship t2007 Shatabdi Express train service brings you to tour Mysore.
- This salubrious and charming city lies 770 m above sea level is an easy-going city famous for it’s silk and is also a thriving sandalwood and incense centre. The city is steeped in history. The Mysore Palace, built in Indo – Saracenic style is one of the largest and most brilliant palaces in India. It’s a kaleidoscope of stained glass, mirrors, gilt and colours. There are beautiful carved wooden doors, mosaic floors, as well as exquisite paintings.
- Half-way up the Chamundi Hill is the Nandi Bull, a 4.8 m monolith. It was carved out of solid rock and is one of the largest in India. Hordes of pilgrims come here throughout the year. Right on top is the 2000 year old Chamundeswari Temple. The temple provides a typical festive atmosphere without overwhelming religious overtures.
- In Mysore you will also visit the incredibly colourful Devraj Fruit & Vegetable Market.
Overnight: Mysore – (B)
Day 4 Mysore - Bangalore Airport - Cochin
- A three hour drive to Bangalore airport for a short 9W flight to Cochin.
Overnight: Cochin – (B)
Day 5 Cochin - Alleppey - Houseboat
- After the tour of Cochin, late morning board the Houseboat for a unique experience through the narrow canals and channels of the backwaters of Kerala. The material that go into the making of houseboat are all local and Eco-friendly; bamboo poles, coconut fiber ropes, bamboo mats carpets etc.
- Cruise through remote tribal villages along the tranquil backwaters of Kerala along snake boat docks, friendly cheering villagers, coir (Jute) making communities, toddy (local spirit) shops, fishing nets pitched for the day’s catch, bunded paddy fields and manual canoes of different sizes criss-crossing each other.
Overnight: Premium Houseboat – (B, L, D)
Day 6 Houseboat - Kumarakom
- Disembark at the exotic Resort, Kumarakom is the ideal place to experience the fascinating lifestyles of the backwaters. The Resort, which has rightly carved its place among the top 10 heritage resorts of the world. The resort is on a small island and can be reached only by a boat. The accommodation consists of indiviual cottages built in the traditional Kerala style, relying heavily on wood and some with private pools.
Overnight: Kumarakom – (B)
Day 7 Kumarakom - Cochin - Delhi
- Proceed to Cochin airport for your flight to Delhi. An afternoon flight from Cochin airport brings you to Delhi.
Overnight: Delhi – (B)
Day 8 Depart New Delhi
Departure: Early morning depart for home city.
Meals as per itinerary: (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)