Welcome to Vietnam, Asia!
DURATION: 4 Days
- Visit to historical sites/monuments
- Sightseeing in Saigon and Cholon (Chinatown)
- Visit WAR Remnants Museum, Emperor Of Jade Pagoda, Cha Tam Church, Thien HAU Pagoda and central BEN Thanh Market
- Excursion to Cai Be Floating Market with a boat trip to Vinh Long
|AIRFARE:||International Airfare Upon Request|
|ACCOMMODATIONS:||Hotels used (or similar)|
Accommodations Per Person Sharing, including hotel taxes
Arrival & departure transfers where applicable
Local guides where applicable
Meals per itinerary
Park entrance fees and sightseeing fees where applicable
Airfare and air taxes
Cancellation, baggage, travel and medical insurance
Items of a personal nature such as baggage porterage, gratuities/tips, laundry, telephone calls, bottled water, etc.
Visa and visa fees
Optional sightseeing and activities
Meals, beverages and services not mentioned in itinerary
For additional information or reservations please complete QUOTE REQUEST form in side bar of this page or contact us directly to speak to one of our Destination Experts.
We can personalize this tour just for you! Call: 1 800 263 2995 / 416 391 0334 or complete form in: CUSTOM-CRAFTED tab on this page.
Thank you for choosing Tourcan Vacations! Providing Vacations of a Lifetime.
Day 1 Arrive Saigon
Upon arrival at airport in Saigon, you will be warmly met by a representative, who will provide assistance and transfer to your accommodation to check-in.
Day 2 Saigon
Sightseeing in Saigon and Cholon (Chinatown) (Full day) (8 Hours):
- A vibrant metropolis, Saigon teems with energy, activity and motion. Everywhere you look, you see the convergence of traditional and modern life. The emerging modern skyline stands toe to toe with colonial buildings and traditional temples. Outside on the streets, young professionals zip by on motorbikes and chat on cell phones; inside the quiet temple courtyards, worshippers pray amidst clouds of incense.
- Begin the tour of this exciting city with a tour of the historic centre, strolling along Dong Khoi Street, formerly known as the Rue Catinat, the main shopping thoroughfare and heart of old colonial Saigon.
- Pass by classic European-style landmarks such as the ornate City Hall (Hotel DE Ville), the old Opera House (both may only be viewed from the outside), and pay a quick visit to the neo-Romanesque Notre Dame Cathedral and the Central Post Office.
- Afterwards dive into modern history with a tour of the Reunification Palace. Formerly the Independence Palace of the South Vietnamese president, this 60s style building was famously stormed by tanks on April 30, 1975 signifying the fall of South Vietnam. It has been preserved in its original state, and the original tanks remain on display near the entrance gates.
- Continue to the harrowing WAR RemnanTS Museum, which comprehensively documents the travails of the long Vietnam- American War. Inside are detailed photographic exhibitions; outside is a collection of tanks, planes and weapons. A powerful experience, this museum is guaranteed to provoke strong emotions.
- Afterwards drive to the historic centre to visit Emperor OF Jade Pagoda, one of Saigon’s most interesting pagodas.
- In the afternoon, head out to Cholon (Chinatown). Explore the highlights of this fascinating area, beginning with a walking tour from Tran Hung Dao Street through Nguyen Trai and Soai Kinh Lam market (cloth wholesale market), visit Cha Tam Church.
- Continue to Thien HAU Pagoda, built by the Cantonese congregation and dedicated to the heavenly goddess.
- End the tour at the central BEN Thanh Market, where vendors display a vast array of goods and handicrafts, appealing to every taste.
TIP OF THE DAY: Have a taste of Pho and Banh mi – two of the best street food items on the world.
Overnight: Saigon – (B)
Day 3 Saigon
Excursion to Cai Be Floating Market with a boat trip to Vinh Long [Full day] (9 Hours):
- From Saigon, drive into the heart of the Mekong Delta to Cai Be, and embark on one of the local boats to explore Cai Be Floating Market, a lively market of fruit and vegetable barges with a picturesque Catholic cathedral on the riverside.
- Continue along smaller waterways and canals, stopping at the Mekong River Islands to visit orchards and local cottage industries. Enjoy watching how the delta residents make traditional treats such as dried longyans, rice pancakes and puffed rice candies, with the chance to sample the local delicacies.
- Disembark at Vinh Long and return to Saigon.
Overnight: Saigon – (B)
Day 4 Depart Saigon
Departure: Departure transfer for your flight home. – (B)
Meals as per itinerary: (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)