Welcome to Peru & Bolivia, South America!
ROUTE: Lima, Cusco, Aguas Calientes, Cusco, La Paz, Sucre, Pososi, Uyuni, La Paz
DURATION: 13 Days
- Tour of Colonial & Modern Lima
- City tour of Cusco and nearby archaeological sites
- Sacred Valley tour and visit to Ollantaytambo
- Guided tour to Machu Picchu with Vistadome Train ride
- City tour of La Paz
- Stop in the Valley of the Moon
- Sucre city tour
- Visiting Potosí
- Visit to the Train Cemetery
- Excursion to the great salt flats
|AIRFARE:||International Airfare Upon Request|
|ACCOMMODATIONS:||Hotels used (or similar)|
Accommodations Per Person Sharing, including hotel taxes
Arrival & departure transfers where applicable
Local guides where applicable
Meals per itinerary
Park entrance fees and sightseeing fees where applicable
Airfare and air taxes
Cancellation, baggage, travel and medical insurance
Items of a personal nature such as baggage porterage, gratuities/tips, laundry, telephone calls, bottled water, etc.
Visa and visa fees
Optional sightseeing and activities
Meals, beverages and services not mentioned in itinerary
For additional information or reservations please complete QUOTE REQUEST form in side bar of this page or contact us directly to speak to one of our Destination Experts.
We can personalize this tour just for you! Call: 1 800 263 2995 / 416 391 0334 or complete form in: CUSTOM-CRAFTED tab on this page.
Thank you for choosing Tourcan Vacations! Providing Vacations of a Lifetime.
Day 1 Lima
Upon arrival at airport in Peru, you will be warmly met by a representative, who will provide assistance and transfer to your accommodation to check-in.
Day 2 Lima
- HALF DAY CITY TOUR COLONIAL & MODERN LIMA – Our guided visit to Lima allows you to see the Historical Center: Plaza Mayor (“Main Square”), the Government Palace, the Archbishop’s Palace, the City Hall and old streets with colonial mansions and Moorish balconies. You will also visit an historic convent, an icon of colonial architecture.
- The tour goes all the way to modern districts of San Isidro and Miraflores, where you’ll appreciate huacas or sacred Inca structures.
- Also, you will observe the Pacific Ocean coast from the vast seafront.
Overnight: Lima – (B)
Day 3 Lima - Cusco
- Transfer from the hotel in Lima to the airport. Transfer from the airport to the hotel in Cusco.
- HALF DAY CITY TOUR & NEARBY ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITES – You will visit the city of Cusco, declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO and home to a somewhat particular essence.
- The tour will start at the Koricancha temple, an ancient Inca palace and main worship center of the Sun God, where the order of the Dominicans built an incredible church that can still be seen there.
- Then, you will tour the Plaza de Armas, where the Cathedral and the beautiful Church of the Society of Jesus, among other colonial buildings, are located.
- You will then continue the journey to the colonial church of San Cristóbal to enjoy a spectacular view of the city.
- Afterwards you will go on to the fortress of Sacsayhuaman, an Inca building known for its massive walls of hewn stone, located in a strategic location, on a hill, with a broad view of the city of Cuzco.
- Later, you will visit the important archaeological complexes of Qenko and Puca Pucara.
Overnight: Cusco – (B)
Day 4 Cusco
- FULL DAY AUTHENTIC SACRED VALLEY TOUR – Discover the best of the Sacred Valley of the Incas through this route starting on the Inca’s Balcony, a beautiful place with an impressive view of Chinchero ruins and city, where twelve families still preserve their traditional mores, showing you the ancestral way in which they process the wool, and obtain those vivid colors for their textiles.
- Later, we will arrive to Moray, an impressing pre-Inca greenhouse, then, we will have lunch in a local restaurant.
- Afterwards, we will get to Ollantaytambo, one of the most monumental architectural complexes of the ancient Inca Empire, one of the few places where the Spanish conquistadors lost a major battle. Very well known for its “andenes” (terraces dug into the slopes of mountains for agricultural purposes), Ollantaytambo was a highly effective fortress, which also served as a temple. Then, we will follow to the town of Ollantaytambo, with narrow cobblestone streets that have been continuously inhabited since the XIII th century.
Overnight: Cusco – (B, L)
Day 5 Cusco – Aguas Calientes
- Transfer from Cusco to Poroy station.
- GUIDED TOUR TO MACHU PICCHU WITH VISTADOME TRAIN, LOCAL GUIDE AND LUNCH – You will arrive to the Aguas Calientes Station in Machu-Picchu where you will be transferred by bus to the top of the mountain and visit the citadel of Machu-Picchu, one of the most renowned examples of Inca architecture, surrounded by lush cloud forest. Lost in history, it was not discovered until 1911 by the American explorer Hiram Bingham.
- After a guided visit of the ruins, you will have lunch at Sanctuary Lodge.
Overnight: Aguas Calientes – (B, L, D)
Day 6 Aguas Calientes - Cusco
- Second entrance to Machu Picchu – includes round trip bus ride; does not include guide or lunch.
- Morning is free to visit the Machu Picchu archeological complex on your own.
- Transfer from Poroy station to the hotel in Cusco.
Overnight: Cusco – (B)
Day 7 Cusco – La Paz
- Transfer from the hotel to the airport for your flight to La Paz.
- Flight Cusco – La Paz, upon arrival in La Paz, assist and Handling at Hotel.
Overnight: La Paz – (B)
Day 8 La Paz
- CITY TOUR (FULL DAY) – 7 hour city tour of La Paz, this marvelous city is located in a valley at the foothills of the Andes Range, situated at 3,632m / 11942 ft. above sea level.
- The tour goes through Gold, Murillo and Costumbrista museums also visit to the viewpoint “Mirador de Killi Killi”, from where there is a magnificent view over La Paz.
- There will also be a visit to various street markets including a traditional market where traditional agricultural products from the highlands, such as quinoa, tunta, chuño (dehydrated potato) and oca (sweet tuber) are sold; the Witch Market, where locals buy supplies for ritual ceremonies like the Ch’alla and also offerings to the Pachamama (Mother Earth).
- Ride by cable car “Teleférico”, it’s a good choice to discover an excellent and beautiful view of La Paz.
- The tour passes through the modern, affluent residential area of the city before concluding in the Valley of the Moon, where a clay mountain has been impressively shaped by erosion.
Overnight: La Paz – (B, L, D)
Day 9 La Paz - Sucre
- Pick-up from hotel and transfer to the airport. Ascending to El Alto, there will be a nice view of La Paz and city light.
- Flight La Paz / Sucre, transfer from the airport to the hotel .
- CITY TOUR (HALF DAY) – Sucre is the capital of Bolivia; this charming colonial city lies at the head of the valley at 2700 meters high. It’s a very interesting tour which includes the visit of Casa de la Libertad, where the Act of Independence of Bolivia was signed in 1825; Bolivar Park, to see examples of the aristocratic tradition in Sucre with small replicas of the Eiffel Tower and the Arc of Triumph of Paris; the church and museum of La Recoleta, and the museum of Indian Textiles ASUR.
Overnight: Sucre – (B)
Day 10 Sucre – Potosi - Uyuni
- SUCRE / POTOSI – Early departure from Sucre by private transport, in a 3 hours trip by an amazing road starting in the valleys at 2,759 masl / 9.020 ft. reach Pilcomayo river and see Puente Arce (a pending bridge used in past), go up to the to the highlands at 4,060 masl /13.320 ft, and reach the famous colonial mining city of Potosi.
- CITY TOUR (HALF DAY) – Visiting Potosí is a journey back in time through traditional colonial streets and the artisan market; the famous Mint House, San Francisco church and the front of San Lorenzo church that has one of the greatest examples of stone carvings of the baroque-mestizo style.
- POTOSI / UYUNI – An amazing trip starting in Potosí passing through great branches of the Andes range, with lots of colors, erosion and cactus, near the villages of Chaquilla and Tika Tika, and the famous Pulacayo tin mine. It ends in the village of Uyuni (3 to 4 hours), before a big train maintenance and workshop center, now growing a lot due to tourism of Uyuni salt flats and the region.
Departure: Uyuni – (B, L)
Day 11 Uyuni
- COLCHANI AND PUCARA DE AYQUE – Departure to the great salt flats; visit on the way, the Train Cemetery where the remains of 19th and 20th century steam locomotives are.
- Return to Colchani as this is the best place to observe the methods of salt extraction.
- Continue north to visit the pre-Columbian Pucara de Ayque fort and the nearby chullpares on the foothills of Thunupa volcano.
- Finally, at appropriate time go back to Colchani village.
Overnight: Uyuni – (B, L)
Day 12 Uyuni – La Paz
- SALT FLATS UYUNI (FULL DAY) – Departure from Colchani to the great salt flats.
- Picnic lunch in the middle of the salt flats.
- Next to Incahuasi Island (known as Fish Island), this is an oasis with a unique and isolated ecosystem that is populated by giant cactus up to 10 meters high.
- Transfer to Uyuni’s airport to take the flight back to La Paz.
- El Alto airport is currently the highest International airport in the world at 4,080m/13.115 ft. above sea level. Transfer from airport to hotel, via a short highway, from which there is a nice view of the city lights.
Overnight: La Paz – (B, L)
Day 13 Depart La Paz
Departure: Pick-up from hotel and transfer to the airport. Ascending to El Alto, there will be a nice view of La Paz and city light. – (B)
Meals as per itinerary: (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)