Welcome to India, Asia!
ROUTE: Delhi, Agra, Jaipur
DURATION: 6 Days
- Visit to historical sites/monuments
- Full day city tour visiting Old and New Delhi with visits to Qutab Minar, Jama Mosque, Chandni Chowk and Raj Ghat
- Agra, visit the Taj Mahal and Agra Fort
- Visit to Amber Fort, enjoy elephant/Jeep Ride to fort
- Visit the Observatory Jantar Mantar and Hawa Mahal or Palace of Winds and the City Palace
|AIRFARE:||International Airfare Upon Request|
|ACCOMMODATIONS:||Hotels used (or similar)|
Accommodations Per Person Sharing, including hotel taxes
Arrival & departure transfers where applicable
Local guides where applicable
Meals per itinerary
Park entrance fees and sightseeing fees where applicable
Airfare and air taxes
Cancellation, baggage, travel and medical insurance
Items of a personal nature such as baggage porterage, gratuities/tips, laundry, telephone calls, bottled water, etc.
Visa and visa fees
Optional sightseeing and activities
Meals, beverages and services not mentioned in itinerary
For additional information or reservations please complete QUOTE REQUEST form in side bar of this page or contact us directly to speak to one of our Destination Experts.
We can personalize this tour just for you! Call: 1 800 263 2995 / 416 391 0334 or complete form in: CUSTOM-CRAFTED tab on this page.
Thank you for choosing Tourcan Vacations! Providing Vacations of a Lifetime.
Day 1 Arrive New Delhi
Upon arrival at airport in India, traditional welcome with garlands and you will be warmly met by a representative, who will provide assistance and transfer to your accommodation to check-in.
Overnight: New Delhi – (B)
Day 2 New Delhi
- After leisurely breakfast at hotel proceed for full day city tour visiting Old and New Delhi.
- In New Delhi, we would be visiting the Qutab Minar, 72 meters high tower built to commerate the victory of Islam over Hindus. Continue to Humayun’s tomb, also known as the forerunner to the Taj Mahal. Humayun, launched a great Mughal architectural legacy. Even the Taj, which was built by Humayun’s great-grandson, was inspired by it. Set in peaceful surrounds the tomb features an artful combination of red sandstone and white marble which plays with the wonderful symmetry and scale used by the makers of the Mughal empire.
- Drive through the Embassy area, the Government buildings (1921-1930) and Connaught Place – the heart and main shopping district of the capital.
- At noon, we cross the city into the walled gates of Old Delhi.
- Our tour includes visit to the Jama Mosque (1650) and drive through the fabled area of Chandni Chowk.
- Then we drive past the Red Fort (1639-1648) built by Shahjehan the builder of the Taj Mahal in Agra.
- Later visit Raj Ghat to pay homage to the Father of Indian Nation-Mahatma Gandhi.
- After sightseeing return to the hotel.
Overnight: New Delhi – (B)
Day 3 New Delhi - Agra
- Morning drive to Agra to visit the Taj Mahal. This monument was built by Shahjehan from 1631 to 1653 to enshrine the remains of his Queen Mumtaz Mahal, took 20,000 workers to build. The semi translucent white marble is inlaid with thousands of semi-precious stones in beautiful patterns and the building has four identical facades, a perfect exercise in symmetry. It is truly deserving of its status as a wonder of the world. Later visit the sprawling Agra Fort on the bank of the Yamuna River. This immense fort and palace is the seat of power for four generations of Mughal emperors.
Overnight: Agra – (B)
Day 4 Agra - Jaipur
- A drive through one of India’s finest roads brings you to Jaipur. The city is best explored on foot and only the inquisitive visitor willing to go into the rastaas (streets) and galis (lanes) will feel the spirit of the city. Jaipur’s colourful bazaars tantilize the eye with enameled blue pottery, exquisite gem-studded jewelry, engraved brass work, traditional block-printed fabrics and brightly patterned dhurrie rugs together with traditinal crafts and miniature painting.
Overnight: Jaipur – (B)
Day 5 Jaipur
- Morning visit the Amber Fort the ancient capital of the State.
- Enjoy elephant/Jeep Ride at Amber Fort. Perched on a hill 11km from Jaipur and nestling among the Aravali Hills is the historic fort-palace of Amber. The splendid Amber Fort (Jaigarh) was built in 1600 by Raja Man Singh, commander-in-chief of the Mughal army during Akbar’s reign.
- At noon, half day city tour. Conceived and designed by Jai Singh, the City Palace is a fine blend of Rajasthani and Mughal architecture. This palace complex has numerous buildings, courtyards, impressive gateways and temples. The palace houses Sawai Jai Singh?s seven-storey facade Chandra Mahal (moon palace), solid marble Mubarak Mahal, the Diwane-Aam and Diwan-e-Khas (the Hall of Private Audience).
- Also, visit the Observatory Jantar Mantar and Hawa Mahal or Palace of Winds.
- After sight seeing return to the hotel
Overnight: Jaipur – (B)
Day 6 Jaipur - Depart New Delhi
Overnight: After breakfast transfer to New Delhi for onward flight home.
Meals as per itinerary: (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)