Welcome to India, Asia!
ROUTE: Cochin, Munnar, Thekkady, Kumarakom, Cochin
DURATION: 6 Days
- Visit to historical sites/monuments
- Sightseeing tour of Cochin
- Evening visit the famous dance drama of Kerala, the Kathakali
- Full day of sightseeing of Munnar visiting Eravikulam Wildlife sanctuary
- Spice plantation visit Periyar
- Boat trip Periyar National Park
- Overnight Premium Houseboat
- Cruise down a maze of canals scenes of villages, paddy fields, coconut palms, fishermen and local life
|AIRFARE:||International Airfare Upon Request|
|ACCOMMODATIONS:||Hotels used (or similar)|
Accommodations Per Person Sharing, including hotel taxes
Arrival & departure transfers where applicable
Local guides where applicable
Meals per itinerary
Park entrance fees and sightseeing fees where applicable
Airfare and air taxes
Cancellation, baggage, travel and medical insurance
Items of a personal nature such as baggage porterage, gratuities/tips, laundry, telephone calls, bottled water, etc.
Visa and visa fees
Optional sightseeing and activities
Meals, beverages and services not mentioned in itinerary
For additional information or reservations please complete QUOTE REQUEST form in side bar of this page or contact us directly to speak to one of our Destination Experts.
We can personalize this tour just for you! Call: 1 800 263 2995 / 416 391 0334 or complete form in: CUSTOM-CRAFTED tab on this page.
Thank you for choosing Tourcan Vacations! Providing Vacations of a Lifetime.
Day 1 Arrive Cochin
Upon arrival at airport in India, you will be warmly met by a representative, who will provide assistance and transfer to your accommodation to check-in. (Check in time at the hotel is 14:00)
- Afternoon proceed for a sightseeing tour of Cochin visiting – ‘The Jewish Synagogue (Closed on Friday & Saturday) ‘ at the heart of what is locally called the Jew Town, ‘The St. Francis Church’, the oldest European Church in India, ‘The Santa Cruz Basilica’ originally built in 1557 by the Portuguese, The Dutch Palace (Closed on Friday) and the ‘Chinese fishing nets’ huge cantilevered fishing nets believed to have been brought to Kochi by Chinese traders.
- In the evening visit the famous dance drama of Kerala, the Kathakali. This dance can be characterized by grotesque gesticulations, amazing costumes and very extensive make-up. The stories are mostly taken from the epics Mahabharatha and Ramayana.
Overnight: Cochin – (B)
Day 2 Cochin - Munnar (160 Kms / 05 Hrs Drive)
- After breakfast, check out from hotel and drive to Munnar (1,524 M), the highest town of Kerala with a cool, bracing climate exuding an old world charm. The atmosphere is fragrant with extensive tea and cardamom plantations. There are enchanting high ranges, lakes and streams and beautiful view of low-lying clouds and the mist filled valleys.
- On arrival check-in at hotel.
- Rest of the day at leisure.
Overnight: Munnar – (B)
Day 3 Munnar
- After breakfast proceed for a full day of sightseeing of Munnar visiting Eravikulam Wildlife sanctuary, home of Nilgire Thar (a very rare mountain goat).
- Later we visit a tea plantation. This hill station is well known for its tea plantations and tea factories at the estates offer a great opportunity to witness the entire process by which tea changes from being a fresh, hand picked leaf to the fragrant product that makes it to breakfast tables around the world. The museum highlights some very interesting facts and figures about the growth and development of tea plantations in Munnar. An important landmark of Munnar, the tea museum houses old photographs, machinery, curios and other artifacts that have been used since ancient times.
Overnight: Munnar – (B)
Day 4 Munnar - Thekkady (110 Kms / 03 Hrs Drive)
- After breakfast, check out from hotel & drive on a scenic route dotted with plantations of rubber, cardamom, cocoa, green pepper and areca nut to the wildlife reserve at Periyar.
- Reach Periyar & check-in at the hotel.
- Later proceed for spice plantation visit to the nearby garden where in various species of spices and other aromatic plants are cultivated.
- Late afternoon enjoy the most popular boat trip at the National Park. There are chances to see animals like Elephants, bison’s and packs of wild boars that roam through the woods and parade along the shores of the lake just before sunrise and sunset.
Overnight: Munnar – (B)
Day 5 Thekkady - Alleppey - Houseboat (130 Kms / 04 Hrs)
- After breakfast check out from hotel and drive to Alleppey.
- On arrival board your houseboat from boat jetty. Staying in this moving palace is breathtaking experience. While sailing down amaze of canals one sees different scenes from the villages, paddy fields, coconut palms, fishermen and local life. Lunch and dinner would be onboard, and you would be spending you night in the mid of the lake.
Overnight: Houseboat – (B, L, D)
Day 6 Alleppy - Cochin (65 Kms / 2 ½ Hrs)
Departure: After breakfast check out from house boat and drive to Cochin. On arrival transfer to airport. – (B)
Meals as per itinerary: (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)