Welcome to Vietnam, Asia!
DURATION: 4 Days
- Visit to historical sites/monuments
- Sightseeing in Hanoi with visit to the HO CHI Minh Mausoleum, Temple oF Literature, Museum oF Ethnology, Hoan Kiem Lake and Ngoc SON Temple
- Visit to the Old Quarter and to a Water Puppet Show
- Excursion to Halong Bay with boat trip
|AIRFARE:||International Airfare Upon Request|
|ACCOMMODATIONS:||Hotels used (or similar)|
Accommodations Per Person Sharing, including hotel taxes
Arrival & departure transfers where applicable
Local guides where applicable
Meals per itinerary
Park entrance fees and sightseeing fees where applicable
Airfare and air taxes
Cancellation, baggage, travel and medical insurance
Items of a personal nature such as baggage porterage, gratuities/tips, laundry, telephone calls, bottled water, etc.
Visa and visa fees
Optional sightseeing and activities
Meals, beverages and services not mentioned in itinerary
For additional information or reservations please complete QUOTE REQUEST form in side bar of this page or contact us directly to speak to one of our Destination Experts.
We can personalize this tour just for you! Call: 1 800 263 2995 / 416 391 0334 or complete form in: CUSTOM-CRAFTED tab on this page.
Thank you for choosing Tourcan Vacations! Providing Vacations of a Lifetime.
Day 1 Arrive Hanoi
Upon arrival at airport in Hanoi, you will be warmly met by a representative, who will provide assistance and transfer to your accommodation to check-in.
Day 2 Hanoi
Sightseeing in Hanoi (8 Hours):
- Although it is the modern-day capital of Vietnam, Hanoi still retains the mystery and charm of past centuries. Narrow lanes and traditional shop houses invite an exciting exploration by walking, while its many beautiful public spaces – lakes, parks, tree-lined boulevards and monuments – give the city an air of elegance and harmony with nature unique among Asian capitals.
- Begin your day visiting the HO CHI Minh Mausoleum, where visitors can pay respects to the embalmed body of Ho Chi Minh. The Mausoleum is closed every Monday and Friday and also closes annually in October and November for restoration.
- Continue through the park to HO CHI Minh’S Stilt House, the simple two-room dwelling where Ho Chi Minh lived from 1958 until his final days (1969). Preserved in the same condition as during his life, it may be viewed through the windows.
- Continue to the Temple OF Literature, a peaceful series of walled courtyards and graceful gateways; and one of the best serving examples of traditional Vietnamese architecture. Founded in 1070 and dedicated to Confucius, this was also the site of Vietnam’s first university.
- Afterwards head to visit one of Hanoi’s famous museums, the Museum OF Ethnology (Closed on Mondays and Vietnamese New Year), which brings to life the astonishing ethnic diversity in Vietnam, with art and artifacts from the 54 different ethnic groups that inhabit the country. Inside the museum are detailed descriptions of minority groups, with examples of their traditional clothing and way of life. Outside are faithful reconstructions of traditional longhouses, cemeteries and other distinctive ethnic buildings.
- In the afternoon, visit Hoan Kiem Lake and Ngoc SON Temple, located in heart of Hanoi, which contains an islet with the tiny Tortoise Pagoda. En route, pass other colonial landmarks such as the magnificent Opera House (may be seen from the outside only) and ST Joseph’S Cathedral.
- Visit the Old Quarter; they have well over a thousand years of history and remain one of Vietnam’s most lively and unusual places, where one can buy anything from a gravestone to silk pyjamas. Explore by walking to the maze of back streets with fascination wonderment at every turn and there are endless things to buy from wool clothes, cosmetics, gold and silver jewellery, silk clothes and herbal medicines.
- Visit a Water Puppet Show; a fantastic art form originating in northern Vietnam, best seen in Hanoi.
Special note: Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum is closed on Monday and Friday and every afternoon. One Pillar Pagoda is under maintenance until further notice.
TIP OF THE DAY: Have a taste of Pho and Banh mi – two of the best street food items on the world.
Overnight: Hanoi – (B)
Day 3 Hanoi
Excursion to Halong Bay with boat trip including lunch (12 Hours):
- Depart from Hanoi in the morning for scenic Halong BAY. Arriving at the pier around noon, board the charming traditional wooden junk for a cruise through the bay.
- Lunch will be served while the boat sails on peacefully. (Seafood lunch)
- The cruise passes by unique rock formations with names such as Stone Dog, Incense Burner (Dinh Huong), and Fighting Cock (Ga Choi). At the core of the islets, there is an unforgettable cave named Thien Cung (Heavenly Residence Grotto) which is the last site before returning to Halong pier.
- Disembark at Halong pier at approximately 16:30 and return to Hanoi by vehicle.
Overnight: Hanoi – (B, L)
Day 4 Depart Hanoi
Departure: Departure transfer for your flight home. – (B)
Meals as per itinerary: (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)