Welcome to South Africa, Africa!
ROUTE: Pretoria, Cape Town
DURATION: 2 Days
- Overnight The Blue Train – luxury train
- Visit to historical sites/monuments
- Open Mine Museum tour in Kimberley
|AIRFARE:||International Airfare Upon Request|
|ACCOMMODATIONS:||Hotels used (or similar)|
Accommodations Per Person Sharing, including hotel taxes
Arrival & departure transfers where applicable
Local guides where applicable
Meals per itinerary
Park entrance fees and sightseeing fees where applicable
Airfare and air taxes
Cancellation, baggage, travel and medical insurance
Items of a personal nature such as baggage porterage, gratuities/tips, laundry, telephone calls, bottled water, etc.
Visa and visa fees
Optional sightseeing and activities
Meals, beverages and services not mentioned in itinerary
For additional information or reservations please complete QUOTE REQUEST form in side bar of this page or contact us directly to speak to one of our Destination Experts.
We can personalize this tour just for you! Call: 1 800 263 2995 / 416 391 0334 or complete form in: CUSTOM-CRAFTED tab on this page.
Thank you for choosing Tourcan Vacations! Providing Vacations of a Lifetime.
Day 1 Depart Pretoria
Upon arrival you will be warmly met by a representative, who will provide assistance and transfer to your accommodation to check-in.
- 07:50 – 08:30 Register and check-in at “The Blue Train Lounge”, Pretoria Station. Guests enjoy pre-departure snacks and drinks.
- 08:30 Boarding starts. Butlers usher guests to their suites. Suite orientation done by butlers.
- 08:50 The Blue Train departs from Pretoria Station
- 11:00 – 12:15 First sitting for Brunch
- 12:15 – 13:25 Second sitting for Brunch
- 15:30 High tea is served in the Lounge Car
- 17:10 The Blue Train arrives at Kimberley Station. Guests disembark and assemble at the railway museum, from where they will be ushered to a bus, which transfers them to the centre of Kimberley to join an old tram for a ride down to the mine.
- 17:45 Guests arrive at the Open Mine Museum for a tour of the mine. Guests are first taken view interesting and historical sites. Guests are also taken onto an enclosed ramp on the edge of the Kimberly hole.
- 18:35 Guests depart from the Open Mine Museum for Kimberley Station. At Kimberley Station guests are greeted with a glass of sherry. The sherry glass engraved with The Blue Train logo is a memento for guests to keep.
- 19:05 The Blue Train departs Kimberley Station for the journey Southbound to Cape Town. After this exciting tour, guests are free to refresh themselves and enjoy pre-dinner drinks served at any one of our lounges. Remember, dinner is an elegant affair and men are requested to wear a jacket and tie or dress in traditional attire and ladies in elegant evening or traditional wear.
- 19:30 First sitting for dinner.
- 21:15 Second sitting dinner
Overnight: Train – (Brunch, D)
Day 2 Arrive Cape Town
- 07:00 – 10:00 Breakfast is served on a first come first serve basis. Breakfast can also be served in-suite
at the guests’ request.
- 12:00 The Blue train arrives at Cape Town Station. Butlers usher guests to The Blue train Lounge. – (B)
Meals as per itinerary: (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)